It’s summertime and families tend to go enjoy their free time in and around swimming pools. Do not underestimate the importance of pool safety. Apply and share these pool safety tips to avoid any harm done, especially to children.
6 Pool safety tips:
- 1) Never leave a child in or near the pool unattended: In the blink of an eye, a child can drown without ever calling for help. Prevent tragedy and always supervise children around the pool area.
- 2) Prepare your children: Arm them with the knowledge that they need for staying safe near the water, teach them how to swim, or at least how to keep their head above water.
- 3) Avoid pool drains: Teach your children to stay away from pool drains and never let them swim in a pool that does not have drain covers. The drain suction can catch clothing, hair, or jewelry. Drains must be adequately covered.
- 4) Create a barricade or apply a pool safety net: Barricade your pool and prevent easy access with fencing, a cover, or an alarm system. Prevent a senseless tragedy by making your pool area inaccessible to children and pets.
- 5) Do you know CPR or First Aid? Now is the time to learn. Imagine the whole family becomes CPR certified. Each can save each other’s life.
- 6) Commit to safety: Strive to create a safer environment for children and others. You must not let down your guard when it comes to pool safety. Pay attention to these tips and strive to maintain safety around the pool area.
We want to prevent pool accidents this season and any other season, particularly involving children. Let’s keep educating ourselves and others.
Remember: it is never safe to leave a child unattended by or near a swimming pool.